2006 Yamaha YZ85
Get the young racer his next bike! Big wheel YZ85 Very well maintained and fast bike. All the best parts and ready to go only $1800
- Liquid-cooled, 85cc crankcase reed-valve inducted six-speed is light, compact and designed to deliver hard-hitting, moto-winning power throughout the RPM range.
- Ultra-rigid twin-spar frame is lightweight and strong for sharp handling.
- Fully adjustable suspension allows a broad adjustment range to suit everybody from rank novice to mini Expert.
New for 2006:
- Gripper-style seat aids seat-of-the-pants feel.
- Liquid-cooled, 85cc crankcase reed value inducted, two-stroke engine inhales through a 28mm Keihin flat-slide carburetor: seamless throttle response across the powerband is the result.
- Digital CD ignition system puts out a more precise spark and monitors engine speed to ensure optimal timing for quicker, stronger response during hard acceleration.
- Smooth-shifting, six-speed close ratio transmission with heavy-duty, multiplate clutch delivers maximum hook-up for outstanding acceleration and corner-exiting power.
- Involute spline set-up in clutch means smoother shifting under power with great durability at competition-level usage.
- Clutch cover features a sub-cover for easy access during maintenance.
- Gearbox features a shift shaft for smoother shifting feel with no spring friction.
- Lightweight radiator has large cores and louvers and water pump features a cast aluminum (vs. resin) impeller for maximum cooling efficiency.
- Lightweight exhaust system design helps create a broader powerband with stronger low-end punch.
- Airbox design ensures greater air cleaning performance and easier maintenance.
- Primary kickstarting allows starting in any gear.
- Rear subframe is removable to allow easy maintenance.
- Lightweight 36mm inverted Kayaba cartridge fork features 10.8 inches of travel with compression and rebound damping adjustability, and low-friction outer tubes and internals.
- Rear suspension features fully adjustable Kayaba link-type shock with 11.3 inches of travel and race-tested compression damping valving.
- 220mm front disc and 190mm rear disc brakes with stainless steel rotors and competition-spec pads deliver strong, precise stopping power.
- Lightweight 17-inch front and 14-inch rear rims are durable and reduce unsprung weight for optimal suspension performance.
- Dunlop knobbies for great traction on a variety of tracks and terrain.
- Wide handlebar and flat fuel tank, radiator shrouds, side panels and rear fender provide rider with leverage and freedom of movement and weight transfer.
- Cleated rear brake pedal and folding shift lever tip provide great grip and excellent durability.
- Wide, footpegs are cleated to provide superb comfort, grip and ground clearance.
- Separate clutch cover with transmission oil filler opening makes for easy maintenance.
- Fuel tank cap is wider-diameter for easier usage and large tank opening ensures fast, hassle-free refueling.
- Repackable exhaust silencer.
- Durable, comfortable handlebar grips.
- Stainless steel clutch cable ensures longer life.
- Engine Type
- 85 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 47.5 x 47.8 mm
- liquid-cooled, reed valve-inducted
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- 28 mm flat-slide Keihin PWK
- Digital CDI
- Front Suspension
- 36 mm Kayaba inverted telescopic fork w/adjustable compression and rebound damping; (10.8 in. travel)
- Front Brakes
- 220 mm Disc
- Front Tire
- 70/100-17-40M Dunlop
- Rear Suspension
- Kayaba single shock w/adjustable preload, compression and rebound damping; (11.3 in. travel)
- Rear Brakes
- 190 mm Disc
- Rear Tire
- 90/100-14 -49MDunlop
- Dry Weight
- 146 lbs.
- Fuel Capacity
- 1.3 gal.
- 49.5 in.
- Ground Clearance
- 13.8 in.
- Seat Height
- 34 in.
- 6-speed w/multi-plate wet clutch
- Final Drive
- #428 Chain
- Team Yamaha Blue/White
- 30 Day (Limited Factory Warranty)